Yoga in the Parks
Yoga in the Parks is a FREE yoga program where classes take place in the beautiful outdoors. Enjoy the peace and serenity of a yoga class in one of our many scenic parks!
Our Yoga in the Parks classes take place from Memorial Day through Labor Day at M-NCPPC sites throughout Prince George’s County. Classes are scheduled for one hour and are designed for all fitness levels. Our classes are taught by Certified Yoga Instructors. Find a class at a park near you!
Benefits of Yoga
Yoga is an excellent form of exercise regardless of your age or practice level. It combines body movements, breathing, and mental relaxation while relieving stress and maintaining health and well-being. Learn basic moves to strengthen your body and increase your flexibility.
Program Locations & Registration
Yoga In The Parks 2023 Class Schedule
A free yoga program where classes take place in the beautiful outdoors countywide. Residents learn body movements, breathing, and mental relaxation while relieving stress and maintaining health and well-being. Ages 13 & up; FREE!!! Register at pgparksdirect.com.
Wednesday, May 31, 2023 7-8 pm
Bladensburg Waterfront Park (located near playground)
4601 Annapolis Road
Bladensburg, MD 20710
Register through Parks Direct!
Participants are encouraged to register for classes through Parks Direct using the links above or keyword search "Yoga in the Parks". Click here to learn how to set up a Parks Direct account.
Classes are for ages 13 & up. Participants must sign a waiver to participate in each class. For assistance with registration, contact the Customer Service Help Desk at 301-699-2255. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least two weeks before the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.
Before You Come to Class
- Do not attend class if you are sick.
- Please bring your own yoga mat and equipment with you to class.
- Online class registration via Parks Direct is encouraged prior to attend class. Children ages 18 and under must be registered by a parent or guardian.
- Please arrive at class on time. If you are more than 5 minutes late to class, your spot may be forfeited to another participant.
- There is no guaranteed access to water fountains or restroom facilities at class locations; please come prepared.
- COVID-19 GUIDELINES: Face coverings are no longer required outdoors in the parks but are encouraged for unvaccinated individuals.
- Please check in with staff upon arrival and follow the directions of staff and signs. Participants should remain 6 feet apart at all times.
- Instructors will provide verbal cues only. There will be no direct contact.