- Our Departments
- Prince George's County Operations
- Parks & Recreation
- Activities & Services
- Athletic Fields
- How to Apply for a Field Permit
How to Apply for a Field Permit
PARKS DIRECT You Must have a PARKS DIRECT account in order to rent a field. Review the Become a PARKS DIRECT Customer page for more information about signing up.
If you have never rented a field before, it would benefit you to sign up for a PARKS DIRECT account now. This will make the process faster for field reservations. We require 48 hours notice to schedule a field.
Games OnlyFields are rented for games only - we do not reserve time for practices. We need time to schedule the fields with our maintenance department, so please do not call the day before an event expecting to rent a field.
Process for Obtaining Athletic Field PermitsPlease be aware of the following information when considering an M-NCPPC Prince George's County field.
Priority SchedulePer current policy, permits are issued under the following priority schedule:
1st PriorityAny recreation program sponsored by the M-NCPPC including Recreation Councils, Franchise leagues, Prince George's County Boys and Girls Club, Municipal leagues, and Prince George's County Board of Education.
2nd PriorityOther Youth organizations including Church leagues, CYO leagues, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H Clubs, YMCA, YWCA, organized youth leagues and Recreation Councils not affiliated with M-NCPPC.
3rd PriorityAll other organizations that have a majority of bi-county resident participation (Prince George's County and Montgomery County).
Lighted FieldsThe M-NCPPC Lighted Fields will be administered by the M-NCPPC Sports, Health and Wellness Youth & Countywide Sports Division for the purpose of scheduling the adult and youth recreation leagues and the Prince George's County Boys and Girls Club leagues. Only organizations that schedule and administer bi-county based leagues will be allowed the use of lighted fields.
Insurance Must Be Provided
- Proof of no less than a $1,000,000 Liability Insurance Policy and must list the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission as an additional insured and certificate holder
- The corporate address must also be listed:
- 6611 Kenilworth Avenue, Riverdale, MD 20737
- Current rosters with complete address for each participant.
- Youth teams (only) must provide their game and practice schedule.
- Payment in full (where a fee is required).
Field Allocation MeetingsThe Athletic Field Allocation meeting process is to let applicants know what fields they will have prior to their permits being issued. If there are multiple requests for the same field, the process is to amicably allocate the field usage. When processing permit applications, every effort is made to provide each qualifying organization with some field time.
- Baseball/Softball Allocations: mid-late February
- Spring Football/Soccer: mid-February
- Fall Football/Soccer: late July/early August