- Date / Location Change
- General Policies
- Late Fees
- Maintenance Practices
- Rain / Inclement Weather
- Reservation Timelines
- Security Deposit / Key Pickup
- Viewing Buildings
- Adelphi Mill
- Any type of alcohol is permitted for no additional fee.
- No sale of alcohol permitted (for example, cash bar).
- Recreation Buildings/Neighborhood Park Open Shelters
- No alcohol is permitted at any time.
- Regional Park Picnic Shelters
- Allowed at Watkins Park Picnic Pavilions Number 0-4, Cosca Group Pavilion, and Cosca areas Number 1-4.
- All cancellations prior to 60 full days of an event will result in an 80% refund of the rental cost.
- All cancellations between 60 and 14 full days of an event will result in a 50% refund of the rental cost.
- All cancellations within 14 full days of an event will not be eligible for any refund.
- To cancel, you must email Park Permits or write "Cancel" on the original permit/receipt issued and either fax it to 301-699-2401 or hand-deliver it to the Permits Office during business hours. It must also be initialed by customer and include today's date.
- Must be done 30 days prior to event date
- Must fax, email, or bring in the original permit issued with the new location/event date written on it along with their initials and today's date.
- A $25 change fee will be charged for paid reservations that move to another location or change to another date (must be requested 30 days before event date).
All rentals must be paid in full at the time of reservation.
- Clients must have a verified SMARTlink account before a reservation can be made.
- Clients must be 21 years old to acquire a permit.
- Rentals can be made for family and community events such as birthday parties and bridal showers. The Permits Office reserves the right to approve or reject an event based on the intended use of the facility.
- Multiple concurrent rentals are allowed, however, clients must pay for all rental fees at the time of booking and for individual security deposits as the event dates arrive. Clients may not rent two facilities on the same date.
- Each facility can only accommodate one reservation per day.
- Reservations must be made at least 72 business hours in advance of a rental date.
- Clients are encouraged to view rental facilities before making a reservation (any changes after the booking is completed will be subject to an additional fee).
Late Fee Policies
- Weekend rentals - $25 late fee will be charged for Friday key and permit pick-ups.
- A maintenance crew visits each building before every event to provide basic maintenance: trash removal from the building, cleaning and stocking the restrooms, sweeping and mopping (not buffing) the floors.
- Crew may arrive after client has entered the building depending on schedule. Client may elect to clean the facility themselves or wait for maintenance to arrive.
- If an issue occurs during the event (for example-air conditioning fails), client must call on-call emergency maintenance (included on of back of permit) at 301-459-3232 or 301-459-9088.
No refunds or reschedules will be processed due to rain, snow, or other weather issues.
- Recreation Building rentals begin on the first business day in September for bookings during the next calendar year.
- Shelter and Garden Plot rentals begin on the first business day in February for the current calendar year (in season).
- Shelter season-first weekend in May through the second weekend in October.
- The Garden Plot season is March 1 through December 1.
Security Deposit/Key Pickup (Recreation Buildings)
- Key must be picked up by permit holder or designee 21 years or older who is a Prince George's or Montgomery County resident.
- Permit Holder/Designee that picks up key must have the original permit or a copy with them.
- Weekday rentals - key must be picked up on the business day before the reservation by 4 p.m.
- Weekend rentals - key must be picked on the Wednesday or Thursday prior to event by 4 p.m.
- If key is picked up late, a $25 fee will be charged.
- Key must be returned within 2 business days of the event. If event date is Friday through Sunday, the key must be returned on Monday or Tuesday by 5 p.m.
- The deposit ($200 for recreation buildings, $300 for the Adelphi Mill) covers security requirements of rental policies, building upkeep, and key pick-up/return.
- Must be paid by cash (exact amount) or credit card (Visa/Mastercard only).
- No refunds for maintenance issues if client did not call emergency maintenance or Park Police during the event.
- Deposit will be returned after a rental is completely checked out by the Park Permits staff and maintenance, and will be returned in the manner paid. A portion or the total amount of the security deposit will be retained for violations to the rental agreement such as excessive cleanup, damage to the facility or grounds, accessing the facility outside of rental hours or late key return.
- Credit card transactions will be returned back to credit card within 7 to 10 days.
- Cash transactions will be returned in the form of a check, which will be mailed to the main contact at the current address on the account, will take 2 - 3 weeks.
- If the key is returned after 5 p.m. on the second business day, the client forfeits $50 of the security deposit.
- If the key is not returned, the client forfeits the entire security deposit.
- If the facility is damaged or policies were violated, the client will forfeit the entire security deposit, or a portion of it.
- If damages exceed the deposit price, an additional fee pursuant to the damage done/time spent to rectify issues (maintenance hours, supplies) may be assessed. The client's account will be frozen until full payment is received.
- Viewings allowed Mondays through Wednesdays only
- A $40 cash deposit must be left at the Park Permits Office. The deposit will be returned, in full, after all keys are returned.
- Clients should call to check the building schedule before coming in to borrow a key for viewing. Please note: Viewings cannot take place on the same day another rental is occupying location.
- If the client cannot return the key on the same day it is picked up, it must be returned by 5 p.m. on the following day.
- Clients can borrow up to 3 keys at a time ($40 total cash deposit for all keys).